Together with our partners, Cambridge City Council, we have held design awards annually since 1988.
Cambridge is growing and we want to celebrate the more recent, high quality, developments that have been built in the city. As part of this commitment, the terms and conditions of our Cambridge Design and Construction Awards (CDCAs) have developed over time and are regularly reviewed.
There are six main categories for entries that will be organised by the Greater Cambridge Shared Planning Service:
- Best new building (under £2m construction costs)
- Best new building (over £2m construction costs)
- Best conservation, alteration or extension of an existing building (under £2m construction costs)
- Best conservation, alteration or extension of an existing building (over £2m construction costs)
- New neighbourhoods – awarded once every three years, next to be awarded in 2022
- Best new landscape – awarded once every three years, next to be awarded in 2023
In addition to the six main awards, and at the judges’ discretion, commendations may be awarded each year for works in the public realm and also for good examples of sustainable design and construction.
Other categories will be presented at the same time as the CDCAs. These categories are judged by experts in their field appointed by the CFCI. The awards are:
- Young Professional of the Year
- Craftsmanship Award
- Engineering and Sustainability Project of the Year Award
- Site Manager of the Year
The presentation of all the awards will be made in spring 2022.
Application and entry criteria for the 2022 Awards will be announced shortly.