Cambridge Design and Construction Awards 2018
Entries are invited for the Annual C&DCA Awards for 2018.
There are six main categories for entries that will be organised by the city council:
- Best new building (under £2m construction costs)
- Best new building (over £2m construction costs)
- Best conservation, alteration or extension of an existing building (under £2m construction costs)
- Best conservation, alteration or extension of an existing building (over £2m construction costs)
- New neighbourhoods (awarded once every three years, next to be awarded in 2020)
- Best new landscape (awarded once every three years, starting with the 2018 awards)
In addition to the six main awards, and at the judges' discretion, commendations may be awarded each year for works in the public realm and also for good examples of sustainable design and construction.
Other categories will be presented at the same event as the CDCAs. These categories are judged by experts in their field appointed by the CFCI. The awards are:
- Young Professional of the Year
- Craftsmanship Award
- Engineering and Sustainability Project of the Year Award
- Site Manager of the Year
The presentation of all the awards will be made on 26 March 2019 at the McGrath Centre, St Catharine's College.
The submission deadline is 30 November 2018